Welcome to the Children's Room!
In the Children’s Room, the one resource we have a lot of is books, with our collection encompassing ages 0-12 years old. Our room is divided into five specific areas, including Picture Books, Early Readers, Juvenile Nonfiction, Juvenile Fiction and Juvenile Series. We also have special monthly displays, magazines, and our new book displays for fiction and nonfiction.
- The Picture Books section is where you will find our collection of picture books, old and new, waiting to be read by parents and kids alike. This is also where you will find our selection of board books.
- Early Readers can be found on either side of the entrance to the Picture Books area, separated by fiction and nonfiction. They are categorized by level and allow kids and parents to find books at just the right reading level.
- Juvenile Nonfiction takes up the majority of the left side of the Children’s Room and is broken into the main collection, biographies, graphic novels, and our special collections. The special collections include National Geographic Kids, Magic Tree House Research Guides and Fact Trackers, The Basher Library, Who, What, Where books, and Ordinary People Change The World books.
- Juvenile Fiction is found on the right side of the library, with a mix of old favorites and soon-to-be new ones. With a variety of subjects and reading levels, kids are sure to find a great book to enjoy. Towards the front of the section, all of the large print and classic novels have been gathered together, including Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, and American Girl Doll books.
- Juvenile Series is at the front of the fiction section and is where all of the kids’ favorite series are kept. For kids just leveling up from early readers, this section is the perfect place to begin their journey as strong readers and gain more confidence in their literacy.
Books are not the only resources the Children's Room has to offer. We also have several other resources, such as computers, two AWE Learning stations, tablets and several different learning kits. Jump on one of our computers to look up a book, complete homework or do some research. Our AWE Learning stations are preloaded with 100's of educational games for teaching children a variety of subjects and one is bilingual for both English and Spanish. All of our tablets are also preloaded with games and activities, designed to educate or just to have fun. Among our educational learning kits, we have our brand new learning props bilingual story kits. These special games are in both English and Spanish, and allow parents and kids to learn different concepts such as colors, clothes, directions, and so much more. Looking to just have fun and laughs? Enjoy playing with puzzles, games, our Lego table and our puppet theater. The fun never ends!
The Teen Scene!
The Teen Scene is the place to be for enjoying the latest and greatest YA books, graphic novels, and non-fiction titles. Whether you are looking for the newest YA release or the next book to enjoy, we offer a large collection of books for every reader. Check out some of our newest titles for graphic novels and manga, as we continue to update our collection. We also have computers in the Teen Scene, to help with getting work done and to find books you need.
Can't find what your looking for? Speak to one of our Librarians or let us know what titles you'd like to see by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org!